What is SilkySkin™️ IPL?
Silkyskin IPL is a form of light therapy that uses intence pulsued light for different dermatological procedures. This light therapy includes permanent hair removal.
How does SilkySkin™️ IPL work?
It works by emitting a wavelength into the skin, which in the case of hair removal targets pigment. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. It quickly turns to heat which then kills the growing cells that make the hair.
Is SilkySkin™️ IPL safe?
The IPL Technique for hair removal has become an amazingly famous choice over the years. There have been various clinical studies conducted that verify the safety and effectiveness of IPL for hair removal.
Does IPL Hair Removal cause cancer?
UV wavelengths are removed from the IPL spectrum, so the light does no damage to the outer layer of skin and does not increase the risk of causing cancer.
Does SilkySkin™️ IPL hurt?
One of the biggest advantages of IPL over other types of hair removal is that it is far less painful. The feeling can be described as a warm sensation on the skin.
Does SilkySkin™️ IPL work for all hair colors?
Due to the nature of IPL relying on melanin to target the hair follicle, it is not effective on very light blonde, red, or grey coloured hair. For blonde hair the treatment may take longer to take effect but will work with time and consistency, any shade darker will work perfectly!
Does SilkySkin™️ IPL work for all skin tones?
Due to the nature of IPL relying on melanin to target the hair follicle, it is not very effective on very dark skin tones (As the IPL won’t be able to differentiate between the colour of the hair and the skin).
How often do I need to use SilkySkin™️ IPL?
We recommend using your handset once a week for the first 12 weeks. After this period use your handset once if you ever feel a touch up is needed. This could mean once a month and will gradually extend the more consistent you are.
How long will SilkySkin™️ IPL take before I start seeing results?
Most customers begin to notice a reduction of hair after just 3-4 weeks done once a week, with complete results after 12 weeks. However, results vary from person to person.
Which areas of my body can I use SilkySkin™️ IPL on?
You can use your handset on any part of your body, including your Brazilian and face (just be sure to not get too close to your eyes).
Do I need to shave before using SilkySkin™️ IPL?
Yes, we recommend you shave the desired areas before using your handset. This is because other forms of hair removal including waxing and tweezing may remove the hair root entirely. Which won't allow the IPL to target the root. Shaving takes the hair down to the approriate length whereas not to cause any burns but also allowing the root to get targetted.
Which hair removal methods can I use between Treatments?
We recommend you shave the desired areas between treatments using your handset. This is because other forms of hair removal including waxing and tweezing may remove the hair root entirely. Which won't allow the IPL to target the root. Shaving takes the hair down to the appropriate length whereas not to cause any burns but also allowing the root to get targeted.
What intensity should I choose?
We recommend starting at the lowest intensity and working your way up each session, if you get uncomfortable and/or get marks that last longer than a couple hours it means that intensity is too high for you and the one below it should work best!
How many years will the SilkySkin™️ IPL Handset last?
Our handsets have 300,000 flashes, which will last well over 10 years if used as directed.
How strong is the SilkySkin™️ IPL Handset and what is the energy output?
Our handsets have an energy output of 1.5J-4.9J/cm2 which means it is ideal for longterm and permanent hair removal. This is also approved and certified for safe and effective at-home use.
How is the SilkySkin™️ IPL Handset powered?
Our handsets come with a 12V power supply. With the native plug of your region.
Are there any reoccurring costs?
No. There is no need for replacements or refills.
When the SilkySkin™️ IPL Handset is not suitable to use?
When you are suffering from the following:
- A known skin disorder- A skin disease such as allergic dermatitis, eczema, etc.
- Photosensitive epilepsy- Are menstruating, pregnant or lactating- Black or Sunburnt skin (please refer to the color chart)
- Black or fuscescens nevus- Broken skin, a scab or healed wound, cancer or hemangioma
- Any artificial aesthetic, prosthetic or plastic area
Is it safe to use SilkySkin™️ IPL while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Although there is no evidence showing that IPL has negative effects on pregnant or breastfeeding women, to be safe we still don’t recommend using our handset.
Is it safe to use SilkySkin™️ IPL over freckles or moles?
Light freckles are fine but you should not use IPL over very dark freckles or moles.
Is it safe to use SilkySkin™️ IPL over tattoos?
Going around the tattoos is fine but you should not use IPL over tattoos.
Do I need to wear an eye protection?
No, it isnt must to wear an eye protection. Our IPL Handsets are fitted with sensor and will not pulse and light unless the entire window is pressed against your skin. However, you should never try and look directly into the light as it flashes.
Can I use SilkySkin™️ IPL before or after tanning?
We recommend waiting 2 weeks before using your handset if you have recently tanned. Also, you should wait 48 hours to tan after using your handset. This is because your skin may be more sensitive to burns directly after IPL treatment. Any form of artificial tan should not be on your skin while using your handset.
My SilkySkin™️ IPL Handset hurts, what can I do?
If you start feeling burning pain or discomfort, adjust the level down or stop using the device.
Is the fan on your device working? If not, please contact us at email@example.com
Otherwise please check this list to make sure you are using the device correctly.
Possibilities for painful experience with SilkySkin™️ IPL Handset:
- You have recently been exposed to the sun. We recommend staying out of strong sun exposure for 2 weeks before using our Handset.
- Your skin tone is darker than the recommended tones. Please check the skin tone chart on our website or in your user guide.
- You are using it at an intensity level that is too high for your skin. We always recommend starting with level 1 intensity to see how your skin reacts, after 2 sessions you can gradually increase the level each couple of sessions if you feel discomfort go back to a lower intensity.
- You have not shaved first. We always recommend shaving first because the IPL Handset may burn long hairs and it won't be effective to target the hair root if the hair is too long.
- You are not lifting the Handset after each flash. Doing this could harm the device and yourself. We recommend slightly lifting the Handset after each flash to allow for cool air to cool down the quartz bulb.
- You are using the device on the same spot multiple times per session. We recommend only one pass over each spot then moving to a new spot, otherwise you could be harming your skin and the device.
- You applied a cooling gel, lotion or any other type of applicant before treatment. We don't recommend using any lotion or ointment before treatment, our device is meant to be used without one.